ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server Selection

1996-09-05 12:06:25
Subject: Re: ADSM Server Selection
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1996 12:06:25 -0400
On Thu, 5 Sep 1996 09:46:15 EDT, Paul Zarnowski wrote:
>On Thu, 5 Sep 1996 09:15:19 -0400 Peter Talajic said:
>>I am soliciting suggestions (especially from IBM staff) concerning the
>>following issues:

>>3.  Does anyone make use of and/or have opinions concerning DLT drives?

We have had 8MMs for a long time using them with software other than
ADSM. With ADSM we got a DLT. DLTs seem to be much faster and so far
no problems. The capacity DLTs can store is also usually higher than
what 8MMs can store.

I don't recall where, but I read that DTLs media had a longer shell
live than 8MMs.