ADSM-L

Recovering NT Registry

1996-09-04 16:25:37
Subject: Recovering NT Registry
From: Fitzsimons Bill MSM SUPH US <william.fitzsimons AT USSU.MHS.CIBA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 20:25:37 +0000
I have recently installed  ADSM V2 R1 M3 on a NT 3.51 Server.  After
simulating a full system recovery, I am unable to restore the registry using
either the GUI or cmd line REGREST ENTIRE cmds.

I receive AND4436E An Error Occurred Replacing the Key and ANS4431E Registry
Restore Function Failed.

The key that is causing the failure is:
      Rootkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' , Subkey 'SOFTWARE'

Any thoughts.

On another subject,  it took me over 1 hour to get connected to the correct
IBM ADSM support using 800-237-5511.  What # do you call to get IBM support.

Thanks

Bill Fitzsimons
Technical Support Consultant
CIba Pharmaceuticals
Email:  william.fitzsimons AT ussu.mhs.ciba DOT com