ADSM-L

Windows Scheduler Problem

1996-08-27 11:18:24
Subject: Windows Scheduler Problem
From: "Ragini K. Derk" <ragini AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 08:18:24 PDT
Hello,

  The following question was asked by Dean Roy:

> Has anyone else had problems with the Windows 3.1 or Windows 95
> scheduler hanging?

> We have a problem in that under either system if the user brings up a
> full-screen DOS session, the ADSM scheduler seems to stop. It seems that
> the timer simply stops and will not continue until the user brings the
> scheduler Window up and hits enter. This is causing many of my users to
> miss their assigned backup windows. Anyone else seen this? Any solutions?

 This problem sounds like APAR IC08165 in which the resolution was stated
as follows:

This problem is caused by the DOS session taking over all of the CPU
resources.  To circument this problem, the user needs to run the
PIF Editor (in Main Group) and edit the "dosprompt" parameter.
Set the parameters to share resource (set foregroudn and background priority).
See the Microsoft Windows Users Guide for more detail.

If this does not resolve your problem, you may want to open a problem
management record with L2 support.

                                        Ragini Derk
                                        ADSM L2 Support