ADSM-L

Re: Tape doing IO, but no processes running?

1996-08-26 17:56:46
Subject: Re: Tape doing IO, but no processes running?
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 16:56:46 -0500
Item Subject: Tape doing IO, but no processes running?
     Hey, put your system with mine & we will either have a fully
     functional one or one that is totally broke ;-)
     As I mentioned earlier, my 2.1.0.8 on aix 4.1 with two active
     processes utilizing all/both/two 3590 tape drives... a Q MOUNT shows
     no tapes mounted but a Q PROC shows two processes running with output
     volumes... If I cancel one process and do a Q MOUNT , I get the stats
     on the remaining mounted tape (associated with the process I didn't
     cancel) BUT I always see processes...
     later
          Dwight