ADSM-L

Re: actlog

1996-08-23 11:23:39
Subject: Re: actlog
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:23:39 EDT
On Fri, 23 Aug 1996 08:18:55 -0500 John Harvey said:
>Is there any way to manually query actlog information? What I would
>like to do is set up a cron job that prints out the previous nights
>actlog information to a printer so it is ready when I get to work. I
>see how to do this manually with dsmadmc, but can it be done with a
>script?

John,

I wrote a Rexx exec that does this (all but the printing).  In addition,
it filters out "noise" messages that you probably don't care about.  It's
a rather messy exec, written for Uni-Rexx, but it might give you some ideas.
You can get to the stuff at:

ftp://ftp.cit.cornell.edu/pub/special/adsm/server/
The files are daily.actlog*

..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601