ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 18:14:04
On Mon, 19 Aug 1996, Konrad Durrer 528 wrote:

Hi Konrad,

we use a startup script to start the scheduler on the client side. It is
placed in the /etc/init.d or /sbin/init.d depending on the plattform and
we have a link (either symbolic or hard, depending on the plattform). We
have put the startup script in rc2.d, but it really depends on the way you
operate your machines.

  o ln /etc/init.d/dsm.sh /etc/rc2.d/S99dsm
  o chmod 755 /etc/init.d/dsm.sh /etc/rc2.d/S99dsm

See also the script for the startup procedure.

But really, ADSM should be in charge of supplying a consistent way to
install the software on all Unix plattforms the same way.

Regards

       Andreas Floeter

> I would like to setup ADSM-Client for Solaris 2.4 and have the following
> problems:
> (The server is on an MVS host und it is making the schedule.)
>
> 1) Shall I put dsmc schedule it in the /etc/rc2.d or /etc/rc3.d?
>
> 2) And how do I stop the schedule poperly?
>
> 3) If I starup the schedule with output sent to /dev/null where do I find
> the output generated by dsmc schedule? I do not find it neither in dms.log
> nor in dmserror.log.
>
> I am interested in contacts with other Solaris users, too.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Konrad Durrer
>
> =====================
> CSS Versicherung
> Konrad Durrer
> Systeme Client/Server
> Rvsslimattstr. 40
> CH-6002 Luzern
> Switzerland
> Konrad Durrer (dk)
>
> Tel --41 41 369 1528
> Fax --41 41 369 1212
> konrad.durrer AT css DOT ch

Disclaimer: These are my views and not those of my employer.

                        Andreas Floeter
Phone: +49 40 74 37 - 48 50     FAX: +49 40 74 37 - 27 55 (or 47 60)
email: Andreas.Floeter AT airbus DOT de

                Daimler-Benz Aerospace Airbus GmbH
Kreetslag 10, 21129 Hamburg; Postfach 95 01 09, 21111 Hamburg, Germany