ADSM-L

APPC performance

1996-08-13 06:05:00
Subject: APPC performance
From: Eric van Loon <evanloon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 11:05:00 +0100
Hi fellow ADSM-ers,

We have ADSM OS/2 clients talking APPC with a ADSM MVS server.
The throughput according to ADSM is about 300 Kb./sec. I guess this is the
actual throughput when transferring data because for some reasons the
communication wait time ADSM reports is 86%!!! This causes the actual overall
throughput to be 300 Mb. per hour (83 Kb./sec.). This is measured over
uncompressed data, so this is not caused by CPU capacity.
Do other APPC users also see the same amount of delay time? If not, is somebody
willing to exchange some parameters? I suspect the NCP or VTAM is not properly
tuned, but our communications experts have run out of ideas.
Thanks in advance for any replies!
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon