ADSM-L

Re: Number of files per hour??

1996-08-12 12:24:55
Subject: Re: Number of files per hour??
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 12:24:55 -0400
On Mon, 12 Aug 1996 10:41:09 -0400, Michael Ryan wrote:

>     initial tests indicate that I can get approx 20,000 files per hour.
>     The testing was done between a "HP-UX A.09.04 E 9000/847" and a IBM
>     ES9000. The testing does not appear to be touching the network, nor is
>     it taxing the mainframe or HP box. I would like to be able to backup
>     each of system within a 6-8 hour window.
>     Any suggestions????????

How about creating two concurrent sessions from the client to backup
the files.
I didn't see you wrote which was the client and which the server, but
you can
probably run two client instances on both of the platforms you
mentioned. You
may need to have either two entire directories or two option files.

From your post it seems as if both the client and the server are not
showing heavy
utilization so it is possible there is a limit on the number of files
ADSM can handle
per session so creating two sessions may help. Moreover, did you
check your buffer
sizes for the logs and databases?