ADSM-L

PreSchedule Command

1996-08-09 18:52:04
Subject: PreSchedule Command
From: David Williams <davidww AT CADVISION DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 15:52:04 PDT
I am having problems using the PreSchedule and PostSchedule command to shut
down my Oracle Database before doing the backups. I am running ADSM V2 on an
RS/6000 running AIX 4.1.4. I have set up a script called oracle_stop which
contains the following 3 commands:

  mail root < /u01/oracle/ora_adsm.dwn
  su - oracle "-c /u01/oracle/scripts/down_oracle > ora_adsm.dwn"
  mail root < /u01/oracle/ora_adsm.dwn

The dsm.sys contains the following entry:

   PreScheduleCmd     "/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/oracle_stop"

When I execute the script directly it will shut down the oracle database and I
receive the 2 mail files.

When I start the client scheduler using 'nohup dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1 &'
from the root id and remain logged on to root while the server starts the
backup process the commands work fine - the database gets shut down and I
receive the 2 mail files.  However if I logoff of root after issuing the nohup
.... then I receive the mail files but the Oracle database does not get shut
down.

Is there anyone out there that may have come across this problem or could offer
some suggestions.  Thanks for your help.

David Williams
David Williams
Fording Coal Ltd.
205 9th Avenue S.E.