ADSM-L

Misc. questions

1996-08-07 10:44:14
Subject: Misc. questions
From: Michel Gaillard <Michel.Gaillard AT VZ.CIT.ALCATEL DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 16:44:14 +0200
Hello experts,

We are using ADSM V1 R1 Level 0.16 on VM and slowly moving to V2
clients.

1)
I've used the new selection flags -FROMTIME -TOTIME .. and -LATEST for
I've used the new selection flags -FROMTIME -TOTIME .. and -LATEST for
query backup and restore commands thru the command line interface on
UNIX boxes (Sun and AIX) and it is very useful.
The question is : is it available thru the GUI ? if yes how ?

2)
We have a server creating a huge number of very small files (like 50 k
We have a server creating a huge number of very small files (like 50 k
files of 30 bytes) and when we do a selective backup (I guess the pb is
the same doing incrementals) the space used on the primary storage pool
(3390) is much bigger than the real size of the files on the Unix box
(at least 100 times bigger)...
Is there a minimum storage allocation unit on the server side ?
We are using TXNGROUPMAX of 256 on the server and TXNBYTE of 25600 on
the client.

Cheers, Michel

--
Michel Gaillard