ADSM-L

ADSM Macro 1500 byte restriction.

1996-08-06 14:36:02
Subject: ADSM Macro 1500 byte restriction.
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 14:36:02 -0400
I'm running into a very interesting problem and was wondering if anybody
has a workaround for it.  I ran an Export on an ADSM MVS server and am
trying to Import in to ADSM on AIX.  The problem is the export was
rather large - 328 tapes / 72 GB of data.  About 90% of this data is for
1 filespace (archive) so breaking up the export by filespace would not
help.  The problem I'm running into is the 1500 byte restriction (with
continuation characters) for a Macro.  For 328 tapes, with commas,
continuation characters, etc.,  the macro is 2454 bytes. ADSM barfs when
I try to run the macro because I've exceeded the 1500 byte limit.
Without continuation characters, a macro is limited to 256 bytes.  Does
anybody know of a workaround for this ???  I'm running ADSM V2.1.5.8 on
AIX 4.1.4

Thanks...

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com