ADSM-L

ADSM client disaster recovery

1996-08-06 11:48:54
Subject: ADSM client disaster recovery
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 11:48:54 EDT
Roger, we're working on a Client Disaster Recovery: Bare Metal Restore
book right now.  Pat Randall, our newest ADSM ITSO member, heading up
this project.  We will describe various approaches that should be considered
for any platform: bootable recovery, recovery from a peer lan server, and
recovery using s/w dist techniques.

The platforms we will focus on are OS2, lan server, warp server, AIX, and
NetWare.  The book probably won't be available until the end of the year.
We are happy to take any input from folks who already have a working solution
in place....thanks, Cyndie Behrens, IBM - ITSO San Jose 408-927-3627