ADSM-L

Re: Full recovery log - cannot start server

1996-08-06 06:17:14
Subject: Re: Full recovery log - cannot start server
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 06:17:14 -0400
Check out page 715 of the Admin reference for AIX... Recovery Log
Extension Command.  What you need to do is...

1) DSMFMT an additional recovery log (shouldn't need to make it too big)

        dsmfmt -m -log /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/temprec.log 13

2) Use the DSMSERV EXTEND LOG command to do an emergeny recovery log
extension....

        dsmserv extend log /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/temprec.log 12

Once the recovery log extension finishes, you should be able to restart
the ADSM server normally..

Good luck !!
Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com