ADSM-L

Full recovery log - cannot start server

1996-08-06 04:36:00
Subject: Full recovery log - cannot start server
From: Lio FROST-AINLEY <frost AT PPE.MSM.CERN DOT CH>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 10:36:00 +0200
We have a very serious problem and need urgent help :

Following a crash of our ADSM server, when attempting a restart,
the following errors are reported.

ANR9999D Logsec.c (415): Log space has been overcommitted
(no empty segment found) - base LSN=3D99273.0.0.

ANR7838S Server operation terminated -
internal error LOGSEG871 detected.

It seems clear that, for some reason the recovery log is full.

However, how can we extend or clear the log since we cannot start
the server and the manual gives clear indications that the log-size
should not be altered via smit or otherwise.

Best regards

lio.frost-ainley AT cern DOT ch