ADSM-L

Re: ADSM - Solaris 2.5

1996-08-02 14:41:38
Subject: Re: ADSM - Solaris 2.5
From: Brian Read <Brian_Read AT EM.FCNBD DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 13:41:38 -0500
     I've also experienced segmentation faults running the ADSM client
     software w/Sun Solaris 2.5. In my particular case, it occurred only
     during restore attempts. Both the GUI and command level interface had
     this problem. IBM identified the problem but at the time did not have
     a "fix". They instructed me to install the previous level of the ADSM
     client software (v2.1.0.2). Unfortunately, this level of the ADSM
     software came out around the time Solaris 2.5 did and is not
     "officially" supported on Solaris 2.5. I quickly found this out when I
     attempted to invoke the GUI interface. I could not even bring up the
     GUI interface. However, the command level interface does appear to
     work and resolves the segmentation faults I experienced when
     attempting restores.

     I've since received a tape with hopefully a fix for v2.1.0.3; however
     I've yet to test it. If your experiencing a similar problem you might
     want to contact IBM and reference PMR#5916X.

     Good Luck !

     Brian Read
     DBA
     First Card