ADSM-L

How do you transfer ownership when hostname changes?

1996-08-02 13:47:14
Subject: How do you transfer ownership when hostname changes?
From: Wendy Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 13:47:14 EDT
Vern Maxson <VM%IUBVM.BITNET AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> asked:

>We frequently take a machine out of service, change its name, and put
>it back in service with a new function. ...
>                                              ...   Can this be done
>without retrieving all the files and archiving them from the new machine?

The machine owner can't, but you as ADSM administrator can. The command
is:

REName Node oldname newname

Wendy Alberg                      Phone:  607/255-2672
Network & Computer Systems        Fax:    607/255-6523
Cornell Information Technologies  E-mail: wa10 AT cornell DOT edu
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY    WWW:    http://dwrgi.cit.cornell.edu/