ADSM-L

Limit on domain entry in dsm.opt

1996-08-02 11:24:18
Subject: Limit on domain entry in dsm.opt
From: Sean D Curran <scurran AT EPSILON DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 11:24:18 -0400
Is anyone aware of the size limit for the domain entry in the
dsm.opt file?

I have an AIX client with 22 filesytems entered for the domain option
in dsm.opt and I have a sneaking suspicion that several of the
filesystems listed are not being incrementally backed up even though
the backup is completeing with no errors (none I can find anyway).

(dsmc i <filesystem> counts hundres of files but backups none, telling
 me they are already backed up)

(dsmc q backup -ina <filesystem> only shows 2 files ... there should be
hundreds)

The current domain entry is +200 characters long.

If I use the ALL-LOCAL parm instead, will NFS mounts get backed
up as well which I don't want. I see no definition of what adsm
considers "LOCAL" in the docs I have.

TIA,
Sean

--