ADSM-L

Help with error No drives are currently available in library tapelib

1996-08-01 19:13:55
Subject: Help with error No drives are currently available in library tapelib
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 19:13:55 -0400
I am getting an error while trying to get ADSM to backup to a tape or
to mount it to migrate data off from another storage pool. This is a
new installation and I tried following all the steps recommneded both
in the book and on a message from someone with ADSM.
The error I am getting is
  08/01/1996 17:41:21    ANR8447E No drives are currently available in
library TAPELIB.
  08/01/1996 17:41:21    ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume TAPE1
mount failed.

I am also trying to find out how to get paid support from IBM, but so
far I have found nothing.
This is a new installation and the tape is the only thing I have not
been able to get working.