ADSM-L

Re: ADSM-L Digest - 30 Jul 1996 to 31 Jul 1996

1996-08-01 12:31:53
Subject: Re: ADSM-L Digest - 30 Jul 1996 to 31 Jul 1996
From: Chuck Tomlinson 793-0730 <chuckt AT AUSTIN.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 11:31:53 -0500
Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  writes:
>From:    Dominic Lancaster <landom AT DAS.GOV DOT AU>
>Subject: ADSM SERVER NAME
>
>I have a weird problem.
>When I installed my new production ADSM Server, I issued a 'SET SERV
ADSM_PROD'

--
My under standing is that the SERVERNAME in the dsm.sys file has nothing to
My under standing is that the SERVERNAME in the dsm.sys file has nothing to

ADSM SERVER 1's name is ADSM_PROD
ADSM SERVER 2's name is ADSM_TEST

on the Client in the dsm.sys file :

SERVERNAME=server1
   TCPServeraddress   adsm1.austin.ibm.com
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   ...[other flags left out]...

SErvername  ausadsm2
   TCPServeraddress   adsm2.dallas.ibm.com
   COMMmethod         TCPip
   ...[other flags left out]...

Now if I want to access server 1  I use the command
 dsmadmc -se=server1

and from here a 'q stat' shows I am on ADSM_PROD.  So as I said the SERVERNAME
option in the dsm.sys is strictly a local name on the client to be able to
group serve stanzas together.  Now why does the client think that ADSM_PROD
is invalid I don't know for sure.  I tested it on my system and when I took
out the '_' it worked just fine.  I guest the admin client does not like
underscores.

Chuck T.
(not ADSM support, just a user)