ADSM-L

Re: client only archiving 1 filesystem (AIX 4.1.4)

1996-07-31 11:18:41
Subject: Re: client only archiving 1 filesystem (AIX 4.1.4)
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 11:18:41 -0400
On Wed, 31 Jul 1996 10:53:48 -0400, Mark Springer wrote:
>Is there a way to make it possible that a client-user
>can only perform archiving & retrieving on one filesystem
>(for example /home)?
>
>If you put the user-name in dsm.sys then this user has access
>to all the files on this node (and archive & retrieve anything
>everywhere). It would be nice to limit the access of the user
>to one filesystem.

I only got ADSM recently (and the on OS/2), but I wanted to comment on
your question.

Why not use exclude/include in the option file so the user can only
archive/retrieve
from one filesystem. You could give the option file such rights so that
the user can
read it but can not change it.

Is dsm.sys the option file for AIX?
On the other hand are you asking if you could restrict what can be
retrieved on a node
after the whole filesystem was archived?

Another possibility may be to create a client in ADSM for a user so
he/she only can backup
the filesystem you want them too, but you keep their client separate
from let's say the
client you use to backup the entire computer. This may require you to
create an option
file just for that client.