ADSM-L

How do I reduce my log size?

1996-07-31 10:07:07
Subject: How do I reduce my log size?
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 10:07:07 -0400
I am nearing the end of a pilot with ADSM and as I understand the
program better I want to resize the log file. I had originally created
a file based on some recommendations from one of the manuals. After
doing some backups it seems that I don't need as much space.

I used the reduce log command (through the GUI). Available space
remained the same size while allocated and free space show the change.
How do I reduce the available space? Do I need to delete the Log?