ADSM-L

Re: Server Refuses to delete volume

1996-07-23 08:41:50
Subject: Re: Server Refuses to delete volume
From: Donald Coleman <coleman AT POST.QUEENSU DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:41:50 -0400
>I'm using a Sun Solaris Server 1.2.0.  I had a random access volume
>ie diskspace, that went bad. I was also requried to reinstall the server
>loaddb, auditdb etc. The audit took about 20 hours of CPU time, for only
>220MB of backup database, but finally completed successfully.  The no
>longer existing physical volume is still listed as one of the volumes.
>Here's the problem: it simply refuses to be deleted:
>
>adsm>  query volume
>
>Volume Name                  Storage         Device         Estimated
%Util      Volume
>                             Pool Name       Class Name      Capacity
Status
>                                                                 (MB)
>------------------------     -----------     ----------     ---------
-----     --------
>/home/gm-share/adsm/stg-     DISK_SPACE      DISK               200.0
>/home/gm-share/adsm/stg-     DISK_SPACE      DISK               200.0
12.6     On-Line
> pool.0
>/home/gm-share/adsm/stg-     DISK_SPACE      DISK                 0.0
0.0     Off-Line
> pool.1
>A0696                        TAPES           TAPE_ROBOT       2,137.6
94.1       Full

>I do:
>
>delete volume /home/gm-share/adsm/stgpool.1 discarddata=yes
>
>the system replies:
>ANR 2225W Discard Data discard process termintated for volume
/home/gm-share/adsm/stgpool.1 - volume
>still contains data.
>
>Now what do I do?

 Try
   audit volume /home/gm-share/adsm/stgpool.1 fix=yes

 I have run into a similar problems with tape volumes in my tape library.

   Don Coleman,
   Queen's University Computing & Communications Services
   Kingston, Ont. Canada  K7L 3N6
   Tel: (613) 545-2034   Email: Don.Coleman AT QueensU DOT CA