ADSM-L

Re: Unable to Delete Volume

1996-07-22 09:43:03
Subject: Re: Unable to Delete Volume
From: Bradley King <king AT MONTROUGE.GM.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 15:43:03 +0200
>To: OAS     --LMS1
>
>FROM: Betsy Moir (TTCEDM) Ext 85020
>      VM Tech Services
>      email:  elizabeth.moir AT vm.ssw.abbott DOT com
>Subject: Unable to Delete Volume
>
>This is to Bradley from France......I lost your note, but you were saying you
>couldn't delete a volume.  You need to delete the filespaces from the volume
>before you delete the volume......kind of like deleting files from a
>subdirectory in DOS before you delete the subdirectory.
>
>Do:  DELETE FILESPACE nodename *
>
>and that will delete everything from the volume.  Then you should be able to
>delete the volume.  Hope that helps.
>
>Betsy

If that is the only way of deleting a volume I'm just going to leave the
failed volume in place! Most of the system's nodes have files on the volume,
so this command  would be like starting over without any backups at all,
deleteing gigabytes to delete a 200MB  volume. There has got to be a better way!