ADSM-L

Re: ADSM client error log pruning

1996-07-18 17:22:06
Subject: Re: ADSM client error log pruning
From: LAbbinante <LAbbinante AT UAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 16:22:06 -0500
I've tried two things to invoke the errorlog pruning: first, I killed
the client scheduler and restarted it.  An error message was written to
the errorlog as well as the schedlog (no pruning occurred).  Then I
started an interactive session and invoked two errors: once trying to
selectively back up a file I knew did not exist, and once putting in a
wrong password to begin.  Both errors were written to the dsmerror.log,
however no pruning occurred.    Should those examples have done the
trick or am I not interpreting the instructions correctly.   I guess I
can agree that the pruning maybe should not occur on a regular basis,
since the amount it gets written to is small (hopefully) compared to
the schedlog, but it's not occurring at all.   If you think it seems
like a bug, I'll open an item with IBM.
Thanks
Larry Abbinante
labbinante AT ual DOT com