ADSM-L

Management of "ex-robot" volumes

1996-07-18 08:53:20
Subject: Management of "ex-robot" volumes
From: Bradley King <king AT MONTROUGE.GM.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 14:53:20 +0200
I have a question that has no doubt been answered by someone in the past,
but I haven't seen it.  I have a 4mm tape robot that has all of it's tapes
more or less full.  I want to checkout tapes, then checkin new ones. When
I do this the tapes that no longer appear in the libvolumes are unavailable
for restoring files.  What can I do so that I am prompted for these tapes?
I also have a single tape 4mm drive.  I would really like to associate
these volumes with the single drive so that when the tape is needed, I can
mount it on a punctual basis and leave the robot alone.   Any suggestions?

What do others of you do when your robot's media is all full? or worn?

   |  Bradley King          Fax:(331) 47.46.72.12  |
   |  Schlumberger Industries - Gas Engineering    |
   |  50, ave Jean Jaures, 92542 Montrouge France  |