ADSM-L

ADSM Client Problems w/Solaris 2.5

1996-07-17 14:26:57
Subject: ADSM Client Problems w/Solaris 2.5
From: Brian Read <Brian_Read AT EM.FCNBD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 13:26:57 -0500
     I am currently experiencing a couple of problems using the ADSM Sun
     Solaris Client software on a Solaris 2.5 client. Our ADSM server
     resides on an MVS mainframe and is accessed via TCP/IP. I'm searching
     for anyone utilizing Solaris 2.5 clients and/or is familiar with these
     problems.

     using ADSM Sun Solaris Client v2.1.0.3
     ______________________________________

     -  Experiencing segmentation faults, core dumps when performing
        restores
     -  Experiencing GUI "hangs" when attempting to restore from a pick
        list using a remote login (telnet session or rlogin)

     using ADSM Sun Solaris Client v2.1.0.2

     -  Experiencing problems using the GUI
     -  Experiencing network "hang" at the client when performing the
        following command from a remote login (telnet session or rlogin):
        dsmc query backup -subdir=yes /

     Thanks, Brian Read (847) 622-4875