ADSM-L

Solaris 2.4 client error

1996-07-17 03:58:10
Subject: Solaris 2.4 client error
From: Dag Bjørnar Skogli <Dag-Bjornar.Skogli AT OSLO.TEAMCO.TELENOR DOT NO>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 07:58:10 Z
We experienced this problem in the early versions of the Solaris ADSM client.
The ADSM client was unable to determine it's own IP-adress, and therefore the
DSMC SCHEDULE command,
which contacts the server and gives it's "call-back" IP-address, gives an
incorrect IP-address ("garbage") to
the server.

This problem was fixed in version 2.1.02 of the Solaris Client code (i think),
but I would recommend downloading
the latest code (V. 2.1.03) from the IBM FTP server.

Dag B. Skogli,
Telenor Teamco AS,
Oslo, Norway.