ADSM-L

Re: Skipping files during restore

1996-07-16 09:44:04
Subject: Re: Skipping files during restore
From: "Pittson, Timothy ,Corp,US" <tpittson AT HIMAIL.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 09:44:04 -0400
Jeff,
I've run into this problem when restoring the SYS: volume on a Netware
server.  I also see this if we try to restore the directory/files
that ADSM is installed in.  To get around this, I install ADSM on server
'B' into a different directory than ADSM is installed on server
'A'.  Have also seen this when trying to restore over an NLM that's in
use - to limit this exposure, unload all unnecessary NLMs during
the restore process or you can also try the '-ifnewer' parameter.
However, I do agree that this is something IBM should fix- at the very
least ADSM should skip the file and write a message in the DSMERROR.LOG
or allow for an override on the restore to skip files if
they're in use.

Tim Pittson
tpittson AT himail.hcc DOT com