ADSM-L

SCHEDLOGRETENTION

1996-07-15 13:34:03
Subject: SCHEDLOGRETENTION
From: David Bohm <bohm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 10:34:03 MST
Hello Tom:

Make sure this was put in the dsm.sys not in the dsm.opt file.  With
AIX you will get that error for options that are only valid in the dsm.sys
but were placed in the dsm.opt.  The ERRORLOGRETENTION should be able to
go in the dsm.opt but the SCHEDLOGRETENTION can only go in the dsm.sys
file.

> I tried adding these options to my AIX 3.2 version 2.1.0.3 client.  When
> my client processes start, they immediately fail with ANS4042S.  I read
> the on-line and paper documentation, plus triple-checked my spelling.
> Does this simply not work?

Regards - David Bohm, ADSM technical support.