ADSM-L

Re: Netware 4.1 TSA

1996-07-15 10:10:45
Subject: Re: Netware 4.1 TSA
From: "Andrew M. Raibeck" <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 07:10:45 PDT
Dianne Sharp asks:

>I'm trying to back up the NDS on a Netware 4.1 server using the version
>2client and I keep getting the following message :
>
>ANS4972 Unable to connect to Netware Target service ' '
>Make sure the TSA NLM is loaded on the specified machine

(rest of post deleted)

Dianne, did you perchance apply SMSUP5.EXE to your system? There is a
known problem with this where Novell changed the way they identify the
NDS through the SMS (we are looking at fixing this) with SMSUP5. For now
I'd suggest:

   1) Make sure you have the latest NetWare client code (IP20811,
      available from the FTP anonymous server).
   2) Run the INSTDSM.NLM on the first NetWare client diskette.
   3) Select the option to install the SMS modules.
   4) If the existing modules have newer dates, over-write them anyway.
   5) You'll need to unload the TSAxxx and SMDR modules, and reload.
   6) Retry the backup and see if that helps.

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support
408-256-0130