ADSM-L

DB copy accuracy

1996-07-12 13:08:50
Subject: DB copy accuracy
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 13:08:50 EDT
Our disk pools start copying to off-site storage at 6 am.  Our tape
pool starts at 7 am.  The database copy for off-site is at 10 am.  I
was wondering, what happens when occasionally we have backups still
running from the night before when the disk pool copy completes, and
before the database copy starts.  Then the db copy would be out-of-sync
with the stg pool copies, right?  Would that be easy to correct in the
event of a complete disaster recovery, with some kind of audit command?
Thanks!
Julie Phinney
JULPHINN @ EMPHESYS.E-MAIL.COM