ADSM-L

Re: More tape drive fun..

1996-07-11 15:07:14
Subject: Re: More tape drive fun..
From: Rick Tsujimoto <rtsujimoto AT CUSA.CANON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 1996 14:07:14 EST
     > Bob wrote:
     >I need some advice from anyone with experience with DLT drives, and
     >ADSM..  My experiences with 8MM, and 4MM have been very disapointing,
     >so we decided to
     >go with the latest technology DLT.  I purchased 6 brand new 2000XT
     >drives, and each came with its brand new tape.  I installed the
     >drives and started
     >using them......

     I would try using some other package/command, e.g. tar, that can be
     used to write to that device and see if you get comparable errors.

  *  Rick Tsujimoto                                   *
  *  rtsujimoto AT cusa.canon DOT com                        *
  *  tel: 516-328-4554                                *
  *  fax: 516-328-4369                                *