ADSM-L

Re: NT command line batch problem

1996-07-10 16:15:33
Subject: Re: NT command line batch problem
From: Leonard Boyle <SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 16:15:33 EDT
On Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:31:00 EDT J Holdren said:
>I have a user of an NT system with a problem I can't find a way around.
>If anyone has a solution, kludge, hack or work-around I'd appreciate the
>info.
>
>Here it is the problem the way it was explained to me...
>
>-------------- begin included file ----------------
>
>   I have a problem with DSMC.EXE, the ADSM command line client, for NT.
>I'm using version 2.1.0 to archive the logs of all the lab logins.  The
>problem is the password expiring and/or being wrong.  This causes DSMC
>to prompt for a new password, which is not a good way for a batch process
>to work.

You could set the passwords to expire in 999 days or whatever is the
max interval.  Then you will not see the prompt for a long time.

I do not believe that one can turn off the password expiring proccess as
some mainframe system will allow one to do.
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
Leonard Boyle, Mainframe support            snolen AT vm.sas DOT com
SAS Institute Inc.                          ussas4hs@ibmmail
Room E206                                   (919) 677-8000 ext 6241
203 SAS Campus Drive
Cary NC 27513