ADSM-L

Status of cassettes in disaster recovery

1996-07-10 09:20:00
Subject: Status of cassettes in disaster recovery
From: Micheal Cotton <mikec%mmailgt{COMPDIVNET/CCKNETPO/MikeC}@MHS.CSTAT.CO.ZA>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 15:20:00 +0200
Hi there,

Its getting worse. I removed the tapes which had been erroneously relabelled
due to them having an expiry date in CA-1 of CATALOG rather than PERMANENT.

On using BAckup STG normal-pool copy-pool

 I see that out of 8 tapes created 5 are set ro PERMANENT and 3 to CATALOG.

I have our CA-1 administrator looking at the problem but he cannot make any
sense of it.

Do any of you out there have any clues at all - this situation is getting
desparate not to mention silly.

Cheers - keep smiling!!

Mike