ADSM-L

ADSM-MVS and VTAM

1996-07-10 11:30:32
Subject: ADSM-MVS and VTAM
From: Julie Phinney <julphinn AT EMPHESYS.E-MAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:30:32 EDT
I am running an ADSM-MVS server with 2 IBM 3745 front-end controllers
and 1 Amdahl 4745 front-end.  We have noticed that whenever backups
happen during the day, performance is degraded for interactive users
on the Amdahl 4745.  I'm told this is because Amdahl doesn't support
data streaming the way the IBM 3745s do.  I was wondering if any of
you have played around with the VTAM class-of-service tables to
assign ADSM a lower priority against interactive traffic.  I would
think this would hurt any emergency restores done during the day.
Any experiences?