ADSM-L

DLT and ADSM/2

1996-07-08 09:59:48
Subject: DLT and ADSM/2
From: Chmielniak <chmiel AT DARE.UNI-ESSEN DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 15:59:48 +0200
It took about a year to solve the problem, I have signalled here, so I
want to add this solution to general public.
I had a problem of DLT2000 not being recognized properlly by ADSM/2 1.2
(including all fixes) all the searches in net and in IBM were hopeless.
Finally the solution is found - our DLT was bought about 2 years ago -
some time before IBM supported this drive for ADSM. It happend that ADSM
was not working properly with DLT EPROM-software that was on our drive.
A simple upgrade of firmware solved the problem imidiatelly.
It a pitty it took me so long to find it.

Thanks to all persons that suggested some possible solutions.

Jacek Chmielniak

Jacek Chmielniak                        chmiel AT dare.uni-essen DOT de
Jacek Chmielniak                        chmiel AT dare.uni-essen DOT de
Datenbank Radiologie                    100330.136 AT compuserve DOT com
Universtitaet Essen                     tel. +49-201-84.14.39-11
Germany                                 fax. +49-201-419.64