ADSM-L

Re: ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library - continued

1996-07-05 09:17:07
Subject: Re: ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library - continued
From: Sheelagh Treweek <sheelagh.treweek AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 14:17:07 +0100
>The problem, I have just described, is gone!

>I did what is supposed to be the last thing to try: restart the ADSM
>server after changing those options to the default, which I had changed
>recently (TXNGROUPMAX, MOVEBATCHSIZE and MOVESIZETHRESH). Regretably I now
>do not know, whether changing the options or restarting the server
>helped.

Reinhard, It would be the ADSM server restart that fixed it. If you track
back in the activity log you may find another ANR message that would give
a clue.

I would recommend going to 2.1.0.8 as soon as possible ... we did this
earlier this week and several tape problems that we had been plagued
with in 2.1.0.7 have all gone away - and we have found only one new
one so far ;)

[Thanks to those concerned with fixing the problems for that ....]

Regards, Sheelagh

Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email: sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac
DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services     Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK     Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275