ADSM-L

ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library

1996-07-05 08:30:18
Subject: ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 14:30:18 +0200
I am having a serious and URGENT problem during a restore of lots of data
(several GB). The ADSM server mounts the first volume, some files are
restored, but when the next volume is needed, I get error message

ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library

on the server and the restore ends.

The ADSM server is 2.1.0.7 on AIX 3.2.5. The device type is CARTRIDGE and
we have only one device in that class, so I have set MOUNTLIMIT to 1.

Any ideas? On monday, i would like to tell our users, that their data are
back on disk again, but under these circumstances I do not know how to
achieve this.

Oh yes, the client is version 2.1.0.2 on AIX.

Just observed another strange thing: while the first tape is mounted
and the client is restoring from it, the server commadn "Q MOUNT" tells
me, that no tapes are mounted!

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488