ADSM-L

HP C1553A capacity

1996-07-04 11:53:45
Subject: HP C1553A capacity
From: Bradley King <king AT MONTROUGE.GM.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 17:53:45 +0200
Does anyone have experience with the capacity of a HP C1553A robot?
I calculate 4-8GB for 120meter tapes * 6 tapes give 24-48GB of storage.
When I query volumes My 120m tapes are always full with 2GB of capacity
This reduces my total storage to only 12GB which isn't nearly enough.
Any ideas?
         -    is my robot sick?

         -   is the version 1 Sun Solaris adsm server incapable of writing at
             the right density to get 4-8 GB?

         -   did I install my device files incorrectly?

         -   is the information given by "query volume" inaccurate?

         -   is checkout, checkin libvolume the only way to use more
             tapes than the robot will hold?

I need some way of having more like 30GB of backup space, and without buying
more hardware I don't see the way clear.  I'd be very interested in suggestions

   |  Bradley King          Fax:(331) 47.46.72.12  |
   |  Schlumberger Industries - Gas Engineering    |
   |  50, ave Jean Jaures, 92542 Montrouge France  |