ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/2 Server Problems

1996-07-02 18:10:47
Subject: Re: ADSM/2 Server Problems
From: Jeffrey Mathers <matherj AT ROCKVAX.ROCKEFELLER DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 18:10:47 -0400
This is really weird:

Running the ADSMSDI.EXE program, which determines is a tape device is
ADSM compatible, reveals that there is a compatible tape device on
adapter #1 SCSI ID 2. ADSMSDI call this tape12$.

The only problem is that prior to this the tape was called tape02$. Isn't
the first adapter called 0? I haven't made any hardware changes. All I
did was move ADSM, install WarpServer, and move ADSM back. There is only
one SCSI adapter in the computer. There are two SCSI drives and one
CD-ROM as well. These drives were in the system before the software
changes.

What is the easiest way to fix this problem?

I suppose no tape operations from the client or server will work until I
either get the tape drive realize that it is tape02$, or tell the server
that the tape drive is now tape12$.

TIA,
Jeff Mathers
Computer Data Systems Manager