ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Error Message ANS4312E

1996-06-27 11:20:40
Subject: Re: ADSM Error Message ANS4312E
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 10:20:40 -0500
     Multiple things could come into play here...
     Mount limit on the deviceclass... along with the Mount wait time
     then how did the client request the restore/retrieves ? ? ?
     If they did like I see here they probably did a script like this
     *** KIDS...DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME ******
     dsmc restore -pass=blah /home/userid/file1 &
     dsmc restore -pass=blah /home/userid/file2 &
     dsmc restore -pass=blah /home/userid/file3 &
     dsmc restore -pass=blah /home/userid/file. &
     dsmc restore -pass=blah /home/userid/file. &
     dsmc restore -pass=blah /home/userid/file. &
     dsmc restore -pass=blah /home/userid/file187 &

     I get real close to locking nodes every day !
     A bunch is my fault by not educating the users and I'm paying big time
     for it now....

     later
          Dwight