ADSM-L

How does ADSM deal with open files?

1996-06-26 16:38:36
Subject: How does ADSM deal with open files?
From: "Stephen K. Rhoads" <rhoads AT MAIL.MED.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 16:38:36 -0400
We have a Microsoft Foxpro database running on a Novell Netware 4.1 server.
The server is backed up via ADSM.  Because of the database there are many
open files on the server.  The database has its own internal backup
routine, but I would like to be able to rely upon ADSM for backups as well.

I am curious to know how ADSM deals with open files.  Do open files back up
incorrectly, or is ADSM more savvy than that?

Stephen K. Rhoads
Stephen K. Rhoads
Academic Computing
Cornell University Medical College