ADSM-L

APPC ussing PROMPTED connections to clients

1996-06-26 07:31:42
Subject: APPC ussing PROMPTED connections to clients
From: Daniel Ulfe Paredes <danulfe AT JET DOT ES>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 13:31:42 +0200
Hello. I'm testing ADSM Server at MVS and ADSM Client at OS/2 using
APPC instead TCP/IP.
What is the reason because if I use APPC protocolo to communicate
server and client this doesn't support PROMPTED
connections started by the server? The only connection that support APPC
is POLLING, and this hae the restriction that I can not start a
backup/restore task from the server immediatly.

Does somebody know if it is an APPC protocol restriction or is a "not yet
developed" reason.

Regards ant thanks in advance.

--
Ulfe Paredes, Daniel. ) . http://web.jet.es/~danulfe