ADSM-L

ADSM Full Server/Drive Restores

1996-06-25 16:43:52
Subject: ADSM Full Server/Drive Restores
From: William Kral <wkral AT TNE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 15:43:52 -0500
      We are in the process of looking into ADSM on MVS to backup 120=20
servers on the LAN.... One of my main concerns is doing a full drive or=20
server restore after a period of months/years have gone by. Can anyone shar=
e=20
their experiences with me? I'm afraid that to restore and entire drive or=20
server, I could possibly be looking at 50 - 100 or more tape mounts because=
=20
the live data will be sprinkled out  on many many many tapes. I know=20
co-location is an option, but I have to think their will still be a number=20
of tapes and mounts that need to be looked after.
     Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks in advance      Bill Kral    TNE  -   WKral AT TNE DOT COM