ADSM-L

Re: AIX and AUTOMOUNT

1996-06-24 10:01:06
Subject: Re: AIX and AUTOMOUNT
From: Dirk Kastens <dkastens AT RZ.UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 16:01:06 +0200
On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Andrew M. Raibeck wrote:

> Currently the AUTOMOUNT option in ADSM is for SUNOS/Solaris. I am not a
> UNIX expert by any stretch of the imagination, but from what I read on
> this option, it refers to a feature unique to SUNOS/Solaris. Does AIX
> have a similar feature? I don't know. I recommend you take this
> question up through your AIX support channels as this sounds like an
> operating system question/requirement.
>
> At any rate, if AIX doesn't support such a feature, then the AUTOMOUNT
> option doesn't apply. And as it stands now, it is documented to work with
> SUNOS/Solaris only.

AIX also has an automount feature. The automount daemon automatically
mounts a file system on /tmp_mnt and creates a symbolic link to this
location. I haven't experimented with ADSM's AOUTOMOUNT option yet,
but I assume that it will work.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens _______________Dirk.Kastens AT rz.Uni-Osnabrueck DOT DE
Universitaet Osnabrueck     Phone: +49/541/969-2347 (work)
Rechenzentrum               Fax:   +49/541/969-2470 (work)
Albrechtstr. 28             Phone: +49/541/258182   (private)
49069 Osnabrueck
Germany