ADSM-L

Novell files getting lost?

2015-10-04 18:15:20
Subject: Novell files getting lost?
From: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: higmx.oas at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at TISDMAIL
Date: 6/19/96 3:27PM
Date: 6/19/96 2:35PM
> Has anyone else seen this?

I may have.... .I say may, because I had a customer who "swears" the files
were there when we did the initial backup of the server two months ago, but
when he went to restore them (after they were deleted) there was no indication
that the subdirectory had ever existed.  Policy domain is set to keep the last
2 copies for 90 days on a deleted file, so if they were ever backed up, then
they should still have been there.  Since we had no real proof that they ever
existed, all I could do was try to look for other s answers (like the customer
was on drugs - always a popular reply  ;-)

By the way, as you can see from the note below, my mail gateway very nicely
throws away all of the "unnecessary" information such as routing info, etc,
leaving me with just the message text.   The bottom line is that I don't know
who sends me things if you don't fully sign them, and I can't respond directly
at all unless you explicitly provide your email address.  Trailer or signature
pages come through fine.  I know I must not be the only one with this problem,
so think about what your note will look like when you mail it, and please sign
it.  I don't mean this to flame Chuck - my intent here is only to provide some
understanding of what some of us have to put up with, and to raise awareness.
I haven't seen anything come across this list that qualifies as something no
one would want to claim, but many do show up on my doorstep with no name on
them.......

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com