ADSM-L

HP-UX Client crashes system

1996-06-19 05:03:23
Subject: HP-UX Client crashes system
From: Bradley King <king AT MONTROUGE.GM.SLB DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 11:03:23 +0200
I have a very repeatable and very serious error with the 1.21 ADSM client
on a HP-UX 9.05 cluster.  Using dsm to do an incremental backup if I select
disks which are part of the cluster but not on the machine running dsm.
All I have to do is chose incremental backup and the entire cluster core
dumps and crashes!  We have 20Gbytes of data and fsck for 10 large disks
takes quite some time.  ANY user can do this manipulation if they have
the password for a client on the cluster.   Is this bug documented?  Has
anyone else had the same problem?  This is not the kind of bug that should
exist in expensive backup software!

   |  Bradley King          Fax:(331) 47.46.72.12  |
   |  Schlumberger Industries - Gas Engineering    |
   |  50, ave Jean Jaures, 92542 Montrouge France  |