ADSM-L

Windiws NT file access errors

1996-06-13 21:44:32
Subject: Windiws NT file access errors
From: Jim White <jwwhite AT SRP DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 18:44:32 -0700
We are moving to Windows NT on the desktop and will be using ADSM for backups.
Our
users are not local admins, rather they log on to our NT domain with minimal
priveleges.  This scenario apparently presents some problems for ADSM in terms
of file
acess.  For one thing, they are unable to backup the registry on their machine
(error
ANS7643E followed by ANS7641E followed by "Active object not found").  When
"no" is
specified for the BACKUPREG option is DSM.OPT, the registry backup problem goes
away
(naturally), but then all kinds (hundreds) of "Access denied" errors occur when
backing up files.

Is there someway that a plain ole user logged in to the domain can run ADSM
with admin
priveleges on their machine to prevent these errors and get a clean backup? Are
we
going to have to give users local admin authority to solve this?  Any other
ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jim White
jwwhite AT srp DOT gov