ADSM-L

Re: Oracle Raw Partitions

1996-06-13 11:53:07
Subject: Re: Oracle Raw Partitions
From: Bruce Elrick <bruce AT WINTERLAND.MAINLAND.AB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 09:53:07 -0600
Howdy Donna...

I noticed your posting about encryption and US laws.  Hopefully that
will change in the near future.  Nevertheless, I am under the
impression that the US law forbidding export of encryption technology
as "munitions" does allow exportation to Canada (for example, PGP is
distributed from two separately maintained code trees, one developed
in the US for the US and Canada, and the other in Europe for the rest
of the world).  I suppose one would have to talk to a lawyer about
this, but perhaps you should check out an appropriate Usenet newsgroup
and then appraoch the SQL-BackTrack people armed with that info.

Cheers...

--
Bruce M. Elrick           bruce AT mainland.ab DOT ca   Phone: (403) 266-6611
Bruce M. Elrick           bruce AT mainland.ab DOT ca   Phone: (403) 266-6611