ADSM-L

Re: Problem with Archive/Retrieve using ADSM

1996-06-13 17:19:16
Subject: Re: Problem with Archive/Retrieve using ADSM
From: Christian Moser <Christian.Moser AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 16:19:16 EST
     FROM   :   Christian Moser
                M001CC.CMOSER
                Christian Moser at BE2006

     DATE   :   06/13/96
     SUBJECT:   Re: Problem with Archive/Retrieve using ADSM

  Dear Mr. Lopatin,

  I am also interested in
  "some design changes to make Archive/Retrieve more like Backup/Restore.
  One of the changes we are considering is archiving directory information
  so that directory ownership and attributes can be retrieved."

  In my opinion there will still be the main difference to backup/restore
  which is that backup is rolling whereas archive is expiring.

  Is this note enough, or should I post a requirement to adsm-r or anything
  more?

  Kind regards,
  Christian Moser,              Internet: christian.moser AT schering DOT de
  at SCHERING AG, 13342 Berlin, Tel.: (030)4681356 Fax: (030)46916719